The Registrar’s Office has the honor of conferring Degrees, Diplomas, and Technical Certificates of Credit to the graduates of Augusta Technical College. There is one Commencement Ceremony held each year in honor of our graduates. Graduation is the process that verifies all degree requirements have been met, and the degree awarded (i.e., conferred). Students must apply for graduation in their final term. You are not required to participate in the commencement ceremony in order to graduate.
- Achieve regular admission status
- Complete all courses, credit hours, and grade requirements for the program as outlined in the Augusta Technical College catalog
- Have a graduation GPA of 2.0 from the program of study in which the student is enrolled
- Complete at least 25% of program credit hours at Augusta Technical College
- All certificate, diploma, and degree students must submit an application for graduation and pay the non-refundable, $40 graduation fee when they have pre-registered for their last class. Participation in Commencement is not mandatory, however it is highly encouraged.
For more information on our graduation policy, residency requirements for graduation, information on receiving duplicate credentials, and the requirements to be an honor graduate please view the Graduation Policy section in the Academic Catalog.
Click on the plus/minus symbols to expand or collapse a category.
Students should contact their program advisor to determine eligibility for graduation. Students may also use Degree Works in conjunction with the guided pathway and catalog for reference.
Honors are awarded to degree and diploma graduates who have achieved a program grade point average of 3.5 or higher. Honors are recognized at graduation ceremony and on the student’s academic transcript.
Alumni (students who graduated Fall 2021 or prior terms) who need to request a credential or duplicate diploma should fill out a diploma request form to have their Credential mailed. (The term credential refers to the document issued for a Degree, Diploma, and Technical Certificate of Credit.) Processing time is 4 - 6 weeks.
Padded diploma covers can be purchased at a cost of $8 per cover from the campus store. (Commencement participants will receive one free cover the night of the ceremony.)
View Commencement Information for more information on the Ceremony.