Augusta Tech offers three types of distance education classes.
- Online classes - 100% of the course instruction is online. Students complete 1-3 proctored assignments in online classes. Online classes can be synchronous (Flex - with mandatory online meeting times) asynchronous (with students completing working according to a course schedule), or may have an optional lecture (OWL - where students can stop by for an optional online or on campus lecture for additional support). The course schedule will show Flex or OWL if there are synchronous meetings. Work is due each week in an online class.
- Hybrid classes - Up to 50% of the course content is online. Students come to campus or attend a synchronous online session at the scheduled time each week for the remaining course contact hours.
- Web-enhanced classes - 100% of the class contact hours are on campus, yet many of the course materials and assignments are available online.
|Course Meeting Location||Class Meeting Times||Instructor Presence|
|Class Type||Meets Entirely In Person||Partially Asynchronous||Meetings Broadcast to On Campus Location||Meets Entirely Asynchronously Online||Synchronous Sessions Required||Synchronous Sessions Optional||Asynchronous Work Completed @ Self-Pace According to Instructor's Schedule||Instructor Present During Live Class Session||Instructor Available During Office Hours and via Email|
|Lecture (Face-to Face)||•||•||•||•|
Interactive Audio Video
(Broadcast to another campus)
|Online with Lecture (OWL)||•||•||•|
|Online - FLEX||•||•||•||•||•|
- Semester schedules and specific course offering vary, so check the course schedule for current offerings.
- Completion of Badge Training is a requirement for registering for a fully online course.
Choose a link below to explore options and find more information.
- Badge Training - Augusta Tech uses Blackboard Learn for all online classes. To ensure that students are comfortable with accessing and using Blackboard, Badge Training is a tutorial and assessment students are required to take before registering for an online class. The training course is free of charge. Watch this video demonstration of how to enroll in Badge Training.
- F.A.Q.s - Find answers to frequently asked questions about distance education classes, policies, and procedures.
- Blackboard - Go to the Blackboard login page. Use your Smartweb user name and password to login Blackboard. Students will not see courses until the first day of the semester.
- About Us - Meet the staff of the Distance Education Office, contact us, and read attendance and privacy policies for online, hybrid, and web-enhanced classes.
- Resources - Find help topics related to Blackboard, computer needs, counseling services, exam proctoring forms, work ethics, and other resources.
Fully Online Programs through Augusta Tech
- Accounting, Associate Degree
- Administrative Support Assistant, Technical Certificate of Credit (TCC)
- Applied Technical Management, Associate Degree
- Business Healthcare Technology, Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Business Healthcare Technology, Diploma
- Business Technology, Diploma
- Business Technology, Associate Degree
- Android Mobile Programming, Technical Certificate of Credit
- C++ Programmer, Technical Certificate of Credit
- C# Programmer, Technical Certificate of Credit
- Computer Programming, Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Computer Programming, Diploma
- Cross-Platform Mobile Web Programming, Technical Certificate of Credit
- iOS Mobile Programming, Technical Certificate of Credit
- Java Programmer, Technical Certificate of Credit
- PHP Programmer, Technical Certificate of Credit
Accounting, Allied Health Science, Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computer Networking, Computer Programming, Computer Skills, Computer Support, Cosmetology, Criminal Justice, Cyber Security, Early Childhood Education, Economics, English, Humanities, Job Skills, Management, Math, Marketing, Medical Assisting, Paralegal, Political Science, Psychology, Respiratory Care, Sociology
Georgia Virtual Technical Connection (GVTC) hosts a central registration site for online instruction in the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG). Online courses from each TCSG college are available through GVTC. Students enroll at Augusta Tech but may use GVTC to sign up for online courses at any other TCSG college. Visit https://gvtc.tcsg.edu for more information.
DISTANCE EDUCATION BUSINESS COURSE OFFERINGS BY PROGRAM