National and Institutional Exams that test college-level knowledge in specific disciplines or courses are available. (Note: The resources below are not exhaustive. Contact the Registrar for more information.)
National Exam Credit
- College Level Exam Program (CLEP)
- Advanced Placement Exams (AP High School Courses)
- DSST Exams (Formerly DANTES – Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support)
College Exemption Examination
A student may receive credit for a course by passing the college exemption exam (generally administered during the week of final exams) only if the student has neither attempted nor failed the course(s) or equivalent course(s) at Augusta Technical College.
Students desiring credit by exemption examination must:
1. Be regularly accepted or enrolled in non-learning support courses at Augusta Technical College.
2. Complete the Credit by Exemption Examination application (available in the Academic Dean's office) and receive Academic Dean's approval.
3. Take the application to the appropriate program Dean for approval.
4. Take the completed application to Student Accounts (Augusta campus) or Student Services (Waynesboro and Thomson campuses or Columbia County Center) and pay the required exemption exam fee for each course to be challenged (the current exemption exam fee is $50).
5. Take the application to the person responsible for administering the exemption exam.
6. Earn a minimum score of 75 percent (required to pass an exemption examination). Qualified students are allowed one exemption exam attempt per course.
Note: Not all courses offer an exemption examination.