The Adult Education Program offers classes to Underage Youth, individuals who are 16 or 17 years of age who have officially withdrawn from public, private, or home school.
Enrollment requirements are outlined on the registration page.
Recommendation and Approval for GED Testing
In order to receive a recommendation to take the GED® Test, 16 and 17 year olds must:
- Attend class(es) for the required minimum number of hours to be post-tested and take at least one post-test.
- Score at least a 9.0 grade equivalent on the D or A level TABE assessment in Reading, Math, and Language.
(Once steps 1 and 2 are completed, the program is able to administer a GED® practice test.)
- Take the GED Ready™ or Aztec’s GED Practice Test and achieve the set scores.
- The student will schedule a time to create a profile at GED.com. Then, he/she must take the GED Ready™ practice test and score at least a 150 on two of the four subtests.
- The student will schedule a time to create a login/password for Aztec. Then, he/she must take Aztec’s GED® Practice Tests and score 60% or higher on two of the four subtests.
- Agree to maintain enrollment in the adult education program through the successful completion of GED® Testing.
For complete information for Underage enrollment and testing requirements, please call the Adult Education Office, 706-771-4131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.