Welcome to Augusta Advantage! The CSRA’s most comprehensive transfer program between Augusta Technical College and Augusta University. The Augusta Advantage program is an exciting opportunity that gives students targeted, personalized support to complete their bachelor’s degrees in a timely manner and save money. Augusta University will guarantee admissions for any student who graduates with an A.S. or select A.A.S. degree(s) from Augusta Technical College. Join today and be a part of the Cougar and Jaguar Nations!
Under Augusta Advantage, Augusta Technical College wants you to have a clear, smooth worry-free transition to Augusta University when you are ready to earn your bachelor's degree. Any student who graduates with an A.S. or select A.A.S. from Augusta Technical College is guaranteed admission to Augusta University.
- Guaranteed entrance to Augusta University
Students graduating with A.S. or select A.A.S. degrees are guaranteed admission to Augusta University.
- Accelerated admissions Augusta University
Provides smooth transition through the Augusta University admissions process including orientation, transcripts, advising and financial aid.
- Enhanced academic advising
Students receive comprehensive on-site advising from both Augusta Technical College and Augusta University advisors.
- Concurrent admission to select courses Augusta University courses
You'll be admitted after completing 45 semester hours of credit at Augusta Technical College.
*Consistent with Augusta Technical College and university policy. Limited access and restricted access programs may require an additional admission process.
You qualify for Augusta Advantage if you are applying for or working on your A.S. or select A.A.S degree(s) from Augusta Technical College and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
There are no fees to join. You will just need to pay your application fee to Augusta University.
Here's how to get started:
- If you are a high school student or new to Augusta Technical College, submit an application to Augusta Technical College and mark the appropriate sections to indicate your desire to join Augusta Advantage.
- If you’re already a Augusta Technical College student, you can indicate your desire to join Augusta Advantage at any time.
- Meet with an advisor before initial registration and at regular intervals to maintain an appropriate academic plan.* When you have completed:
- 20 hours, meet with your Augusta Technical College advisor.
- 40 hours, meet with your Augusta Technical College and Augusta Advantage advisors.
- 60 hours, meet with your Augusta Technical College and Augusta Advantage faculty advisors and confirm status with Augusta University.
- Attend an Augusta University information session for specific instructions.
- Sign a form of intent to join Augusta University.
When you finish at Augusta Technical College:
Submit an electronic application to Augusta University during the term in which you will complete 60 hours at Augusta Technical College. (The enhanced advising for Augusta Advantage students will alert you when it’s time to do this.)
Apply for graduation from Augusta Technical College by the published deadline in the term you will complete your requirements.
Verify your acceptance to Augusta University.
*Credit Hour intervals based on the Associate of Science (A.S.) in General Studies
Learn More about Augusta Advantage
Please fill out the form below. Required fields are indicated with a * symbol. Thank you.
AU Augusta Advantage Representative
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Phone: 706.771.4820 | Schedule an Appointment